Amazon Strength

Monday, April 03, 2006

Amazon Mud!

It all started out fine.....but then,


Amazon Hil apparently fell into the last water hazard head first! Meanwhile, I sank into 12 inches of mud and had to squish my way out!
The aftermath was also stunning...I had fallen while in the woods, thank God Amazon Hil did not see that, or else I'd never live it down (I still have a photo
from Teatown of me lying prone on the trail floor) I came out of the woods with cuts and bruises.
Fortunately for all of us, I don't have a picture of what Amazon Hil came out of the woods with....dirt in her nose! WOOOOOO..this photo might be why...look behind the upright woman:
All in all a success. So, when is our next race, Hil?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Amazon Alanna said…

    I think Amazon Hil is afraid to comment on her command performance...either that or she's still blowing her nose. I know I'm still nursing some really ugle bruises and scrapes.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger AmazonHil said…

    Hey Alanna,
    Sorry, I did not get a chance to check your blog since Monday. That's funny that there is a picture of me SWIMMING in the mud pit!!! Ahhhh, that was fun :-)
    I'm glad your parents got to witness that. Goodtimes. Last I checked the results were not up, I think I will check again. My aunt thought I might of won muddiest or best entry into the mud pit. But i did not hear the reward ceremony, maybe they'll have it on their site. Awesome pics Alanna, when's our next race?

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger AmazonHil said…

    Hey, I just checked out the results and I am FRIGGIN' PROUD of us. So what if we're the tail end of the race. There's some pretty crazy runners that do this race, and there aint no shame in our times, considering the mud, and trees we had to go through to get there. I would say we are the most amazon we have ever been, and we're only getting better!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger AmazonHil said…

    Hey Al,
    There's a race for Literacy on May 7th if your interested (seems appropriate for us) it's a 5K in Troy.
    My friend Holly is trying to get me onto MySpace so I think she wil teach me how to download images and make cool postings like yours. So I am working on becoming computer savvy. Do you have myspace?

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Amazon Alanna said…

    No Myspace, but this is your blog, too...you can make as many posts as you like about your training...it's all about our collective Amazon Strength!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home