Amazon Strength

Monday, May 08, 2006

SEE SPOT RUN

I ran the Literacy 5k on Sunday and posted my BEST TIME EVER!!!! My time was 26:47 (or something close to that, I have yet to check the official results), but it was DEFINATELY in the 26's. I told Ryan from now on I am going to try to run my age or better.
I think doing speed exercises with Ryan helped me to run a good time. Because I am used to the feeling of pushing myself and so it's not scary. I just kept thinking, this is like a speed workout and I survive those. Awwww, this is killing me, but I remember this feeling and I remember it going away. I know that I can do this. I just kept talking to myself like that and really pushing myself. After the initial pang of death, IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Amazon Alanna said…

    That totally rocks, my reading/running sistah!

    I think I might be running the Mother's Day 5K this upcoming Sunday, but only time will tell. I will of course give a full race report about how the people cheer when I come in last!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home